Hi all! We’re back with another tag post, on which I’m slowly catching up. This time we’ve got the Liebster award which was created for the following:
It’s an award in which bloggers nominate other bloggers for showing respect to their works and their dedication. It’s an appreciation and recognition for all the fellow bloggers out there in the blogosphere!
- Write about it on your blog and thank the person who nominated you, write about his/her blog too.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Nominate 5 or 10 blogs which you feel deserve it.
- Let the nominees know that you nominated them.
I was nominated by Frostilyte, so please go check out their blog as well! My favorite work is ‘Ruining Your Favorite Pokemon’- a series of doodles made of various peoples’ picks from the Pokemon universe! All of them can be found at various links on this page. Thanks again for the nomination!!
- We’re four months into the year (at the time of writing) – what’s your favorite game played thus far?
I truthfully haven’t played many “new” games this year- I’ve mainly been catching up on my backlog and continuing games I’d already played or started once before. If I had to narrow down the one that I’ve enjoyed the most, it’s probably Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey. I started it for the first time right at the beginning of 2020 and loved every second! It certainly took some positive cues from The Witcher 3 in its formula, but I think Geralt’s adventure was still much more engaging.
- What’s your favorite Pokémon? ( don’t read into this too much )
Gyarados. He so beeg n’ scury.
- Have you watched any shows lately that you’d highly recommend?
I’ve been watching Parks and Recreation for the first time with my fiance. It’s insanely funny and much more tuned for a teen audience than The Office was. Also, The Mandalorian. That show does Star Wars right.
- What was your favorite movie from 2019?
Avengers: Endgame was jaw-dropping. It’s one of the only sci-fi/fantasy film series in recent years that seemed to stick the landing of being the final act in an epic series (looking at you, Game of Thrones and Star Wars). Given the fact that 20 or so movies preceded its monumental culmination of dozens of storylines, it truly couldn’t have ended any better way.
- How do you feel about games with no single player content?
I spend most of my time playing single-player games due to the fact that it is on my time and on my terms. Time is a precious resource as an adult. If a game lacks a single-player component, I breeze right past it.
- What is your least favorite genre of game?
I don’t really get into sports/racing games.
- What is your favorite genre of game?
Role-playing games have typically been my bread and butter over the years, whether made in Japan or by Western studios with a more action/strategy focus. I’m also a sucker for a good platformer, be it an adventure or stage-based.
- What game from your backlog have you recently finished?
I guess I would say Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey, but I also recently went back to 100% Hyper Light Drifter, Sonic Mania Plus (with all 6 characters), and also finished fighting my way through the main story of
Cliff Racer ExterminatorThe Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I’m almost done with SMB2: Yoshi’s Island as of this writing and just put the finishing touches on Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy yesterday! Come to think of it, Wow! I’ve been burning up that backlog! How unlike me!
- Physical or digital?
I prefer physical games for the display cred on my shelf, but I’m not snobby enough to turn down a good sale on the Switch’s eShop!
I actually have a story about pinecones from my grade school years, but I’m not brave enough to share it here. 😛
Now for my own nominees and questions! I will attempt to drag 3rd Player, Life Through My Lenses, Why We Play Games, Twilight Wolf, and The Dragon’s Tea Party in on my shenanigans!
1. Favorite breakfast food/meal?
2. If you could choose 2 game series to crossover in a new entry, what 2 would you pick and why?
3. If you could erase a single game franchise from existence and pretend it never existed, who is getting the boot?
4. What film/film series would you love to see turned into a (high-quality) video game?
5. I’m starting up a team of adventurers to go dungeon-delving and need a wide variety of allies to help me out. What’s your role and how much are you charging?
6. Let’s look at the future- the COVID pandemic reaches an end, it’s been declared completely safe to go out again, and you have the world at your fingertips. What is your destination numero uno?
7. I’m keeping one of Frostilyte’s questions- What is your favorite Pokemon??
8. If you could change your first name to something of your own choosing (no need to share your current name if you don’t want to), what would it be?
9. What literary/movie genre (comedy, drama, romance, action…sci-fi?) most accurately describes your real life?
10. Recognition time! Give a shout-out to a blogger/some bloggers who you have been enjoying their writing of late!
Thanks for reading and I hope to nab a couple participants to keep it going 😛 Game on, friends!