The Dragon’s Tea Party recently posted about receiving a Sunshine Blogger Award. She left off with an open invitation for any to jump in and respond to her questions: a collection of queries that came across as quite quizzical to complete! I saw these unique questions and thought it would be fun to hijack the opportunity for myself! Mwahahaha! Thanks again to Dragon for the opportunity! 🙂 Let’s see if I can keep my answers interesting enough to match her unconventional, yet extremely thought-provoking questions!
- What’s been your favorite movie released in the last year?
I have enjoyed a great many movies within this past year, such as some recent ones like Pokémon: Detective Pikachu and John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum. However, nothing can come close to the two-part finale of the Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame. Both movies are top-tier in their ability to tell a story, inject you with empathy for the characters, and make you weep at the losses one minute while laughing the next due to the quality writing that was clearly a high priority. The action explodes off of the screen, especially when the movies culminate in their epic final battle scenes! I cannot praise these movies enough for tying up the 22-part Infinity Saga in a profoundly satisfying way, while also leaving the future open for the next installments. Bravo, Marvel!
- Does tea taste better from a pot or from a cup?
I’m not a person who prioritizes tea-drinking. We certainly have a lot of it here in the U.S., but it’s not quite the staple it is other places. My experience usually comes from drinking it at a local Chinese restaurant or brewing it for myself when I’m sick. Perhaps it’s just the association with illness, but I strongly prefer pouring my tea from a pot rather than making it right in the cup. Although my mom brews some FIRE sweet tea in the summer in a large glass container, so…maybe that one. 😛
- Which biscuit do you dunk in tea/coffee?
Again, perhaps it is just part of our heathen ways here in the U.S., but I don’t dunk anything in my coffee. Well, I guess the spoon. To mix in a little creamer. Are spoons considered biscuits???
- When it’s a sunny, warm day what do you like to do?
Sunny days are perfect for a great many things! I love to get outside and walk in the park when I can, blasting music all the while in my earbuds! It’s also wonderful to sit inside with a window fan blowing and enjoy a quiet day of movies or video games on the couch. Going out to my local coffee shop for a morning “brew and blog” is also high on my list of priorities when it’s nice out!
- What’s your comfort food of choice?
This is a terrible thing to admit, but in the interest of honesty I have to say it: I LOVE McDonald’s. I’ve made a lot of positive changes to my diet over the last few years, but I still adore nights when I can order a crappy burger, some overly-salted French fries, and a massive Dr. Pepper to wash it all down while I sit and enjoy a fun movie, YouTube video, or Twitch streamer. It is absolutely my comfort meal of choice.
- How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A woodchuck would chuck way more wood than what you would ever wonder, whittling away while waiting for
- Which game gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside?
It might not be a “cheery” looking game, but the melancholy of Hollow Knight resonates with my soul and fills me with determination- Oops, wrong game!- I mean, warm fuzzies! The character designs are adorable, the quaint villages and dwellings perfectly suit the insect theme, the various regions are beautifully crafted, and Christopher Larkin’s soundtrack behind it all is truly a thing of wonder! The universe of Hollow Knight is fantastic and I can’t wait to see it expanded upon in Silksong!!
- What was the last game you rage quit?
Last game that I rage quit and came back to? Hollow Knight, while trying to complete the Pantheon of the Knight. The fight against Pure Vessel took so many tries to finally beat! But it always felt fair and even though I got frustrated a couple times, I was always able to go back feeling refreshed and ready for the next attempt.
Last game that I rage quit permanently? Probably Ninja Gaiden on the original Xbox. I fought against the boss Alma on and off for A YEAR without success. The last time I fought her, she had such little health remaining that one more hit would have done her in. Then she used her special attack on me…and as soon as Ryu stood up from that, she IMMEDIATELY DID IT AGAIN and killed me. I don’t remember my reaction: it could have been foul language, throwing the controller, etc. All I know is that I never bothered with that BS ever again.
- What’s your feelings on Harry Potter: Wizards Unite?
As much as I love the HP series, I’ve not dipped my feet into the game at all. I went pretty hard on Pokémon GO the first year that it was out and probably won’t jump into another AR game like that anytime soon. They’re extremely fun, but require a lot of time investment! I already have a hard time getting around to the games I want to play and that would make it near impossible.
- It’s your birthday and you can have any cake you want! What do you go for?
Mmmmm….cake… My long-standing go to is really nothing fancy: a moist chocolate cake with chocolate icing. However, my sister makes this AMAZING Peach Bourbon Cake with real peaches on top that I can never get enough of when she bakes it! So either one of these are my pick! 🙂
- Name your snacks and beverages of choice for while you game.
I actually don’t eat that much while I game: usually just a glass of water if anything. If I had to choose for nostalgia’s sake, though, I’d go for a frozen pizza and Arizona Green Tea. My friend introduced me to that winning combination a long time ago and I still go ham on it whenever it’s within arm’s reach!
That’s all for my own answers. The rules of the Sunshine Blog normally call for the winner to nominate 11 other individuals, but I’m going to follow Dragon’s example and leave an open invitation for all to participate: if you’re reading these words, consider yourself nominated!! My questions for you are as follows:
- If someone made you choose…as in RIGHT NOW… what would you consider to be your favorite video game music track?
- When listening to music, what instrument do you enjoy hearing the most? Feel free to drop an example in your response for me to check out! 🙂
- What is your favorite place to work on your blog? Place, snacks, music: set the whole mood!
- If you could take a vacation to any video game location, where would you go and what would you do?
- You’re getting married and your favorite game character is standing in as your best man/maid of honor. What story of your mutual adventures do they tell in their speech at the reception?
- What fictional video game food have you always wanted to try?
- What video game DLC do you feel surpassed the quality of the main game itself?
- If you could choose to erase one video game franchise from existence, what would you pick and why? Let the hate flow through you! 😉
- What video game trope of yesteryear are you glad fell to the wayside?
- By a similar but opposite token, what video game trope of the past do you hold a special fondness for?
- What video game enemy terrifies you the most?
As I said before, feel free to self-nominate and answer these questions either in your own post or as a reply in the comments. Thank you for reading, and game on, friends!